Let Us Know, Noli
These past few days, many people have been coming up with different scenarios as to what would take place and what GMA's options are:
1. Resignation (this will depend solely on GMA and her conscience);
2. Impeachment (seems to be too long a process and very political); some are even content with maintaining the status quo
because there seems to be no viable alternative in the horizon;
3. Snap Elections (only if VP de Castro resigns also).
VP Noli de Castro will step up to the plate or a committee will be set-up to run the affairs of government for options 1 & 2. God forbid not a military junta.
I agree with Billy Esposo when he says that it is an insult to the Filipino race to think that no one can replace GMA.
Personally, I am demanding GMA's resignation but follow the Constitutional provision for succession. I am willing to give VP Noli a chance and it seems that he has the welfare of the masses at heart. He is not part of the elite who believe that they are the only ones who can choose our leaders and run this country. Remember it was the indios who sacrificed their lives to gain freedom for this country of ours.
I think my grandfather, former Senator Francisco "Soc" Rodrigo would also adhere to the tenets of the Constitution. Being a victim of Marcos' tyrannical rule (he was jailed thrice) and being part of the 1986 Constitutional Commission, I strongly believe that he would advocate that we refrain from solving this crisis using extra-Constitutional means. Whenever I am faced with a dilemma, I would catch myself always saying "what would Lolo Soc do in this situation?"
The return of Erap for me is a remote possibility (my apologies to those who are hoping for this). It would not brake the cycle of patronage politics. As I always mention during discussions with friends, it seems we may have to eradicate one whole generation just to put an end to this vicious cycle. We really have to overhaul the system!
It is time for Filipinos to put the country's interest above their personal ambitions.
VP Noli, I think the people will see you as their leader if you show us what your true values and beliefs are. You can choose a VP (from either the Senate or House) who would help you in governance and add credence to your leadership.
But for now, all you have to do is TAKE A STAND!!
1. Resignation (this will depend solely on GMA and her conscience);
2. Impeachment (seems to be too long a process and very political); some are even content with maintaining the status quo
because there seems to be no viable alternative in the horizon;
3. Snap Elections (only if VP de Castro resigns also).
VP Noli de Castro will step up to the plate or a committee will be set-up to run the affairs of government for options 1 & 2. God forbid not a military junta.
I agree with Billy Esposo when he says that it is an insult to the Filipino race to think that no one can replace GMA.
Personally, I am demanding GMA's resignation but follow the Constitutional provision for succession. I am willing to give VP Noli a chance and it seems that he has the welfare of the masses at heart. He is not part of the elite who believe that they are the only ones who can choose our leaders and run this country. Remember it was the indios who sacrificed their lives to gain freedom for this country of ours.
I think my grandfather, former Senator Francisco "Soc" Rodrigo would also adhere to the tenets of the Constitution. Being a victim of Marcos' tyrannical rule (he was jailed thrice) and being part of the 1986 Constitutional Commission, I strongly believe that he would advocate that we refrain from solving this crisis using extra-Constitutional means. Whenever I am faced with a dilemma, I would catch myself always saying "what would Lolo Soc do in this situation?"
The return of Erap for me is a remote possibility (my apologies to those who are hoping for this). It would not brake the cycle of patronage politics. As I always mention during discussions with friends, it seems we may have to eradicate one whole generation just to put an end to this vicious cycle. We really have to overhaul the system!
It is time for Filipinos to put the country's interest above their personal ambitions.
VP Noli, I think the people will see you as their leader if you show us what your true values and beliefs are. You can choose a VP (from either the Senate or House) who would help you in governance and add credence to your leadership.
But for now, all you have to do is TAKE A STAND!!


<< Home