Kapalmuks!
I had to write my thoughts because I couldn't get myself to sleep. After hearing GMA's radio broadcast, I was so upset and couldn't believe the gall of this little lady (or should I say un-lady) from the Pasig.
I strongly feel that her true colors had finally shown. She has chosen self-preservation over the nation's welfare and what makes it worse is that she even attributes her decision to Divine inspiration. I can still clearly hear her saying that it was Pope John Paul II who gave his blessings for her to break away from the Estrada administration.
She has now disobeyed two of the Ten Commandments. Thou shall not steal (the votes) and Thou shall not take the Lord's name in vain.
I hope civil society does not fall into the trap of believing her lies. I agree with Manolo Quezon (www.quezon.ph) that all elements of her speech were meant to confuse the listeners. I also hope that the discernment of the CBCP leads it to issue a statement that will contradict the lies, unmask the devious intentions and demand for accountability at its highest form.
In her speech, the President blames everyone for our present situation except for the root of all this – herself!
She seems to be holding on as long as she can hoping that things would cool down. She may fear that if and when she gets out of the Palace, people will demand the true accountability it seeks.
I trust that the Filipino has matured enough to distinguish between true intentions and pure propaganda. I guess GMA knows this which was why she opted for a faceless statement on radio instead of television fearing that the "I am sorry" guffaw might occur again.
Well, there is one thing I admire about our President. She possesses a quality that most politicians have but hers is the most polished version of all … that is being KAPALMUKS!
I strongly feel that her true colors had finally shown. She has chosen self-preservation over the nation's welfare and what makes it worse is that she even attributes her decision to Divine inspiration. I can still clearly hear her saying that it was Pope John Paul II who gave his blessings for her to break away from the Estrada administration.
She has now disobeyed two of the Ten Commandments. Thou shall not steal (the votes) and Thou shall not take the Lord's name in vain.
I hope civil society does not fall into the trap of believing her lies. I agree with Manolo Quezon (www.quezon.ph) that all elements of her speech were meant to confuse the listeners. I also hope that the discernment of the CBCP leads it to issue a statement that will contradict the lies, unmask the devious intentions and demand for accountability at its highest form.
In her speech, the President blames everyone for our present situation except for the root of all this – herself!
She seems to be holding on as long as she can hoping that things would cool down. She may fear that if and when she gets out of the Palace, people will demand the true accountability it seeks.
I trust that the Filipino has matured enough to distinguish between true intentions and pure propaganda. I guess GMA knows this which was why she opted for a faceless statement on radio instead of television fearing that the "I am sorry" guffaw might occur again.
Well, there is one thing I admire about our President. She possesses a quality that most politicians have but hers is the most polished version of all … that is being KAPALMUKS!


<< Home