Retreat 2009
Another Rodrigo Annual Retreat has come and gone. It was the 61st Year of the Retreat eversince Lolo Soc began this in 1948. The former participants were former Presidents Diosdado Macapagal and Ferdinand Marcos, former Vice President Fernando Lopez, senators, congressmen, mayors, judges, businessmen and many more. Like for the past ten years, it was again held at the Blessed Joseph Marello Retreat House in Tagaytay. It was previously held in Baguio but since some of the participants have become senior citizens, it was transferred to Tagaytay for easier accessibility.
Our Retreat Master this year was Fr. Dave Concepcion. We change Retreat Masters every year. Retreat Masters in the past have been Fr. Horacio dela Costa, Fr. James Reuter, Bishop Chito Tagle, Fr. Jerry Orbos to name a few.
I learned a lot during this retreat but most of all, I gained affirmation and encouragement that I was on the right path. Some highlights of the retreat for me were the following:
"Your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your character, your character becomes your destiny". Very true for me. It's time to think positive.
"Imagine the unimaginable to allow God to do the impossible". Everything begins with a dream. Dream on!
"IDEA – RITUALIZATION – ACTION - GUILT/SHAME or JOY - IDEA". It is a cycle!
A final instruction was to say the phrase "Bless this home and all those who dwell in it." the moment you enter the front door of your house. I did as instructed and I know that we all will be blessed.
Looking forward to next year!
Our Retreat Master this year was Fr. Dave Concepcion. We change Retreat Masters every year. Retreat Masters in the past have been Fr. Horacio dela Costa, Fr. James Reuter, Bishop Chito Tagle, Fr. Jerry Orbos to name a few.
I learned a lot during this retreat but most of all, I gained affirmation and encouragement that I was on the right path. Some highlights of the retreat for me were the following:
"Your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your character, your character becomes your destiny". Very true for me. It's time to think positive.
"Imagine the unimaginable to allow God to do the impossible". Everything begins with a dream. Dream on!
"IDEA – RITUALIZATION – ACTION - GUILT/SHAME or JOY - IDEA". It is a cycle!
A final instruction was to say the phrase "Bless this home and all those who dwell in it." the moment you enter the front door of your house. I did as instructed and I know that we all will be blessed.
Looking forward to next year!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home