Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My 10 Wishes for 2009

I have a lot of wishes going into 2009. The experiences of my 45 years makes me look back, reflect, reminisce on what could have been. Below are my 10 wishes for 2009 (not necessarily in order of importance).

I wish …

1. … I was 100% healthy. Gallstones, hypertension and migraine headaches have been bothering me the past year. I already have maintenance medication. Because of the gallstones, I feel I have a bomb within me that can attack anytime.

2. … I could have the will power to exercise more. I admit I am overweight but I can't seem to get myself to exercise on a more regular basis.

3. … I could enjoy the outdoors more. Due to my health problems, I am uneasy whenever I have to go out from the city or from the country.

4. … I had a simple family life. I envy families who are simple yet happy in each other's company. Lifestyles and priorities are taking its toll on my family life. We seem to be growing apart as each day passes. I am trying to keep it together but I am getting tired.

5. … That everyone would practice humility – from government people to some members of my family. It takes a strong person to admit and accept that he/she has committed a mistake.

6. … I had a home I could call my own. Living in a compound does not give me security of dwelling. When the time comes, I know I have to move out of my current home.

7. … Everyone could live forever. It pains me to know that some of my dear loved ones are in their twilight years. I wish they could be with us always.

8. … I could be closer to my God. I have had a roller coaster relationship with my Creator. Sometimes I am very close to Him and serve Him but there are times when I feel that I am far away and distant from Him.

9. … All my close friends and relatives were back in Manila and we could once again share our Sunday lunches telling stories and just being together.

10. … That peace would reign all over the earth. I know that this is a fervent wish of everyone. I share that wish and continue to pray that it becomes a reality.

I know that not all my wishes would come true but they give me a reason to look forward to 2009 with anticipation, excitement and optimism.

Happy New Year to all!

5 Comments:

Blogger tilamsik said...

oh kofranks, it's so different from our younger days, isn't it? miss mo masyado si komiks, pero wala ng balak umuwi yon.

if it's any consolation, here, there and anywhere, our housing problems are uncertain. ricky decided to start out there and so when we gome home after citizenship, i don't know where we will live. let's just enjoy our temporary shelters while we have it, shall we?

i wish you more good days. . .

minotte

11:57 AM  
Blogger tilamsik said...

also, i am into yoga, which i find, helps a lot with centering myself in the midst of many challenges.

prayers pa rin,
/m

11:59 AM  
Blogger kofranks said...

Hey 'notte you were right. I was given some prescription meds by my doc to calm me down and help me get some sleep. Does wonders but I'm not taking it much since I don't want to be dependent on it. Boxing also helps in releasing some stress and pent up anger.

1:35 AM  
Blogger tilamsik said...

Hey Franco...I can understand and appreciate each and every wish you listed (specially the exercise part hahaha). Nevertheless, it saddens me to see how depressed you are. I wish you would really consider taking a vacation and visiting us here in NJ. It sounds as if you need to give yourself some "me-time"...you deserve it!
love you! yoy

7:16 AM  
Blogger tilamsik said...

Hey Franco...I can understand and appreciate each and every wish you listed (specially the exercise part hahaha). Nevertheless, it saddens me to see how depressed you are. I wish you would really consider taking a vacation and visiting us here in NJ. It sounds as if you need to give yourself some "me-time"...you deserve it!
love you! yoy

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home