Monday, April 14, 2008

Getting Older

These past week, I have come to realize that I am indeed getting old. Last Friday, I had to see a cardiologist because of hypertension. I was given maintenance medication already. Also, based on my lates blood chemistry, my sugar level is high normal already. Still within range but on the high side. The past few months have also been quite stressful ever since I was diagnosed to have gall bladder stones. Ang daming sakit! Most, if not all of these, seem to be genetically related, in other words, hereditary. My dad has hypertension and diabetes. Both my Dad and Mom had their gall bladders removed already. Too many medicines to take. I have medication for hypertension, gall bladder, cholesterol, fatty liver and lots of vitamins and supplements. I have to go around with a pill box in my pocket. As my Dad said, "yung perang kinikita ay para sa pambili ng gamot". Talagang matanda na! Well, it's been a fruitful and exciting life so far. I'm looking forward to more years of fulfillment and adventure. Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lia said...

Join the club. I am now also on diabetes maintenance pills. I hate it because I felt perfectly fine before. Now that I'm on medication, I feel like "crap" I'm always hungry because of the medication. I get the "shakes" when I don't eat on time, my stomach is so sensitive. Buti pa before, I had none of this. Sometimes I wonder if the treatment is worse than the desease. Tumatanda na talaga.

6:56 AM  
Blogger kofranks said...

I'm not yet in the diabetic stage but, Medyo high sugar na ako. 100 na as of my blood chemistry last month. My medicine is just to delay the onset. We really can't stop this from happening. The best is to have a total lifestyle change. You're right! Hanggang tingin at amoy na lang tayo sa yummy food! Ingat Lia!

9:19 AM  
Blogger TOW Blog said...

hello lia and franco,

i am so sad for the onset of diabetes in your lives. very difficult daw itong sakit na ito. please, please take care tayong lahat.

kofranks, how about that nipa palm tonic of belen? i think i will have maui buy for me and lia?

i am being treated with steroids for my allergy that has developed polyps. i am breathing like a 70-year old daw. hassle magkasakit!!!!

10:55 AM  
Blogger kofranks said...

I take the nipa palm syrup every morning after my daily walk with my Dad. All diabetics I know claim that it has drastically reduced not only their sugar levels but also cholesterol. As of my last blood chemistry, everything is within normal limits. It's been a while since that happened so my doctor reduced frequency of my medicine intake.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home