Monday, December 17, 2007

My New Toy

Last October, Aina wished for a digital SLR camera. I told her I would give her one as a gift for her birthday, Christmas and graduation. Since I was a bit blessed financially this year, I gave her money to buy her camera. She got a brand new Nikon D40x with kit lens (18-55mm) from Mayers (one of the known camera stores along Hidalgo Street in Quiapo). The camera was delivered to our house and Aina was so happy. It cost around P28T ($670).

My business partner and Activasia President and CEO, Manny de Luna, bought a Nikon D80 with a 18-200mm VR lens. He was trying to convince me to buy also but I was hesitating. To my surprise, he said he would give me the same camera as a gift for my birthday. He gave me the money to buy it but said that he was not forcing me to buy it and I should just get whatever I wanted.

A month passes by and still I don't know what to get for myself until I chanced upon an ad in the marketplace section of the Philippine Mac Users Group (philmug) website last Friday afternoon. It was an ad for a brand new Canon 400D camera kit with two lenses, a 18-55mm lens and a 75-300mm lens. All these for only P45T ($1080). The seller was a balikbayan and he had two units that he brought over from Australia but one was already sold. I called him right away and reserved the unit. His condition was that I pay him P5T ($120) that afternoon first so he can reserve it over the weekend until Monday, when the bank opens and I can withdraw some money.

Upon inspection, I found the camera really brand new and beautiful and quite a bargain. I immediately paid the reservation fee and waited until this morning. I was up early to be in the bank at 9am when it opened to withdraw some money. I met the seller near Club Filipino in San Juan and got the camera.

I had to go straight to work so it is only tonight that I am enjoying it. I love it and I expect to shoot many memories with my new toy.

Smile!

1 Comments:

Blogger tilamsik said...

cool! congrats! ang sarap ng DSLR.

enjoy,
minotte

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home