Good Company
These past few weeks has been enjoyable for me. Aside from the exciting work in my trade activation company, ActivAsia, I also finished two projects with my other company, White Stone.
The brief homecoming of two of my cousins, Minotte and Mikko (with his family) was another reason to be joyous. Minotte and Mikko and I belong to the same age bracket which is why in the heirarchy of the Rodrigo grandchildren, we understand each other a lot. Minotte and I, together with another cousin, Rhea, had a pleasant lunch last week. We ate in Italianni's Greenbelt 2 and had coffee at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Greenbelt 3 afterwards. It was so nice to share stories of both success and frustrations with each other. In our family, we cousins treat each other more like siblings.
I joined Mikko and his wife Sylvia this afternoon as they searched for bargains at the Greenhills Tiangge and lunch at Gloria Maris.
I miss the times when we would just lounge around Lola's house and talk about almost anything. We would reminisce about our adventures, both in Manila and in our favorite summer getaway, Baguio. Now, these opportunities seem to be so rare that I get to cherish each moment I am with them.
It seems that in my age bracket, I am the only one left in Manila. I don't think I can get along quite easy with the rest of the clan here in Manila since they belong to the next age group and seem to have a radically different perspective on life, values, principles and even morals. I can say that my bracket is the more conservative one.
Well, Minotte has gone back to San Francisco while Mikko is leaving next week. I hope I get the chance to visit them soon (finances permitting). In the priority of things, I'd rather save up for a house first rather than spend my money for travel. Travelling to my own home would be the best vacation I could ever give myself and my family at this moment.
But, I am sure that when I decide to journey to the U.S., I will be in good company.
The brief homecoming of two of my cousins, Minotte and Mikko (with his family) was another reason to be joyous. Minotte and Mikko and I belong to the same age bracket which is why in the heirarchy of the Rodrigo grandchildren, we understand each other a lot. Minotte and I, together with another cousin, Rhea, had a pleasant lunch last week. We ate in Italianni's Greenbelt 2 and had coffee at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Greenbelt 3 afterwards. It was so nice to share stories of both success and frustrations with each other. In our family, we cousins treat each other more like siblings.
I joined Mikko and his wife Sylvia this afternoon as they searched for bargains at the Greenhills Tiangge and lunch at Gloria Maris.
I miss the times when we would just lounge around Lola's house and talk about almost anything. We would reminisce about our adventures, both in Manila and in our favorite summer getaway, Baguio. Now, these opportunities seem to be so rare that I get to cherish each moment I am with them.
It seems that in my age bracket, I am the only one left in Manila. I don't think I can get along quite easy with the rest of the clan here in Manila since they belong to the next age group and seem to have a radically different perspective on life, values, principles and even morals. I can say that my bracket is the more conservative one.
Well, Minotte has gone back to San Francisco while Mikko is leaving next week. I hope I get the chance to visit them soon (finances permitting). In the priority of things, I'd rather save up for a house first rather than spend my money for travel. Travelling to my own home would be the best vacation I could ever give myself and my family at this moment.
But, I am sure that when I decide to journey to the U.S., I will be in good company.


1 Comments:
what a pleasure!
believe and you shall receive, diba? so i think you can swing both the SFO vacation and your dream home.
see you soon!
minotte
Post a Comment
<< Home