Ateneo de Manila: 150
"True Blue" is what I can term my loyalty to the Ateneo. I have been an Atenean through and through from Prep to College. We are an Ateneo family – from my Lolo Soc (an Ozanam and Lux-in-Domino awardee and recognized as one of the Ateneo Heroes in the Ateneo Heroes Memorial), to my father, Oscar Sevilla (a member of the Ateno Sports Hall of Fame), to my brothers, my uncles, my cousins, my nephews.
During my school years, I have also represented the school as both a Blue Eaglet and a Blue Eagle in the UAAP Basketball Tournament. I was deeply involved in my batch's Silver Jubilarian Celebrations last year.
For the past year, I have been involved in the planning for the three-year run-up towards Ateneo's 150th Year (Sesquicentennial) in 2009. A committee was formed and due to the overwhelming success of my batch homecoming last year, I was invited to provide my creative and design knowledge in formulating the Sesquicentennial logo. First task was to come up witth a campaign theme. After much deliberation, the group decided on "150: The Ateneo Way" taken from a line from the Song for Mary (Alma Mater). Next task was to come up with a logo. After so many design studies by different ad agencies and graphic artists, my logo was chosen. I designed the 140-year logo 8 years ago and the eagle swoosh logo used in most shirts sold in the A-shop.


Last Sunday, August 5, 2007, the Sesquicentennial campaign was launched after a 10:00am Mass at the Church of the Gesu in Ateneo. A short video was presented and the logo I designed was finally revealed amidst cheers and applause from the audience. I can't express how I felt when the logo was flashed on screen. I had goose bumps all over. Also, during the homily of Ateneo President Fr. Bienvenido Nebres, S.J., Lolo Soc was mentioned twice. Lolo Soc's name was mentioned in the same breath as Fr. Horacio dela Costa, Raul Manglapus and the first Jesuits who ran the Ateneo. I feel honored to be a bloodkin of Lolo Soc.

I feel very proud that my logo will be part of Ateneo's history. I am also proud that our family is an Ateneo family. I hope Aina gets to experience the Ateneo spirit. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will be accepted in Ateneo next year. Please pray that she does well in her Ateneo College Entrance Test on September 15, 2007.
Animo Ateneo!
During my school years, I have also represented the school as both a Blue Eaglet and a Blue Eagle in the UAAP Basketball Tournament. I was deeply involved in my batch's Silver Jubilarian Celebrations last year.
For the past year, I have been involved in the planning for the three-year run-up towards Ateneo's 150th Year (Sesquicentennial) in 2009. A committee was formed and due to the overwhelming success of my batch homecoming last year, I was invited to provide my creative and design knowledge in formulating the Sesquicentennial logo. First task was to come up witth a campaign theme. After much deliberation, the group decided on "150: The Ateneo Way" taken from a line from the Song for Mary (Alma Mater). Next task was to come up with a logo. After so many design studies by different ad agencies and graphic artists, my logo was chosen. I designed the 140-year logo 8 years ago and the eagle swoosh logo used in most shirts sold in the A-shop.


Last Sunday, August 5, 2007, the Sesquicentennial campaign was launched after a 10:00am Mass at the Church of the Gesu in Ateneo. A short video was presented and the logo I designed was finally revealed amidst cheers and applause from the audience. I can't express how I felt when the logo was flashed on screen. I had goose bumps all over. Also, during the homily of Ateneo President Fr. Bienvenido Nebres, S.J., Lolo Soc was mentioned twice. Lolo Soc's name was mentioned in the same breath as Fr. Horacio dela Costa, Raul Manglapus and the first Jesuits who ran the Ateneo. I feel honored to be a bloodkin of Lolo Soc.

I feel very proud that my logo will be part of Ateneo's history. I am also proud that our family is an Ateneo family. I hope Aina gets to experience the Ateneo spirit. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will be accepted in Ateneo next year. Please pray that she does well in her Ateneo College Entrance Test on September 15, 2007.
Animo Ateneo!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home