Monday, May 07, 2007

Whew!!

I came from a cardiologist today at the Philippine Heart Center just to find out what was wrong with me. I have been feeling breathless the past week and I have had pains on my chest. I also have migraines and inconsistent digestion. As in my previous entry, I had a suspicion it was stress related. I was right!!

What I didn't foresee was that it was already affecting my blood pressure. Medyo over the normal na ako that's why I was given medication to lower it. The doctor gave me three pages of prescription. I have medication for blood pressure, pain relief, cholesterol, triglycerides and one that will allow me restful sleep. I have been taking the cholesterol and triglyceride medicine already but was just asked to continue.

I also still need to lose some weight and go on a diet. I've been avoiding too much meat and pork and we only have chicken, fish and veggies at home now. I have to refrain from junk (which I feel is the culprit most of the time). I also am back doing my exercises. I am re-joining boxing ever Sunday and also resuming my spinning.

But, one of the important remedies is to avoid stress. As much as possible get a day of complete rest. Not possible at home since the ruckus is worse on weekends. I texted my neighbor and requested for some quiet beyond 10pm. For the past days, there has been noise until 2am. How can I expect to get some rest?!! Now that I have told her my medical condition, I hope she gets firmer with her children. Did it have to come to this? Did I need to get sick to get through, hopefully?

I am looking forward to some peace and quiet in my house. And, I am glad that my ailment was not as serious as I thought it would be. But for me it is serious that is why I asked Rinnah and Aina to help me in my quest for better health (with matching prize if I succeed).

Thank God!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lia said...

make sure you have no blockages! mon only had the shortness of breath and high cholesterol. his ekg was normal but different from his baseline 3 years before. his blood pressure was always fine and yet when the doctors checked for blockages, grabe na. he was on the verge of having a massive heart attack. buti na lang we caught it on time. so mon had a quad bypass 7 years ago, but never had a heart attack. there is no damage to his heart - makes a huge difference.

take care of yourself.

lia

12:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Kofranks

Time to take a break! With our age,we really have to change our lifestyle na. Exercise regularly-not just for a month till you feel better but make it every week na FOREVER.Good thing you dont smoke. I've been reading your past blogs, I think it is time you visit us here. Pahinga ka muna. Masyado ka nang nagtratrabaho dyan. Maybe a change of environment will do you good.
Ingat ka

Mikko

1:15 AM  
Blogger TOW Blog said...

i agree with mikko--take a break, punta ka dito. manood lang tayo ng sine, punta sa museum, pasyal-pasyal, tulog-tulog.

i am seeing your parents on tuesday and hoped that you came along.

come on down anytime your are ready!

let's go, let go, let God!

minotte

2:46 AM  
Blogger kofranks said...

Thanks all! I will really try my best to visit you guys next year. I miss SFO but I miss NYC a lot more. Looking forward to a trip to U.S. ut promise me that you won't let me gain weight :)

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home