Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Weekend Well Spent

Over the weekend, I, together with 41 other participants, attended the annual Soc Rodrigo Spirirtual Retreat in Tagaytay. We had Bishop Camilo Gregorio as our retreat master. Bishop Gregorio, the bishop of Batanes, was such a simple and humble servant of God and this is what affected me the most. The overall theme of our retreat was "The Lord is among the living. Enjoy life in abundance for He is with you." This gave me a new perspective on life and has filled me with so much hope and optimism.

I really look forward to this time of the year when I can just set aside all my worries and my troubles and spend some time with myself and with God. My soul needs rejuvenation every now and then.

Also, I have realized that it may soon be our generation's turn to continue the retreat which will celebrate its 60th anniversary next year.

This year, we had professional photographers take our photo just like the ones we used to have in Baguio. Eversince the retreats moved to Tagaytay, we only used our personal cameras. Our picture now has text and a border design.

Barring any conflicts in schedule, I will surely be back next year to be a part of this milestone.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home