What A Blast!!
The Ateneo Grand Alumni Homecoming was held last Saturday and it was more than I expected. It was a night filled with fun, laughter, memories, friends, classmates, liquor, food, singing and dancing. Everything began more than a year ago when the torch was passed on to us by batch 80. We worked all throughout the year and this culminated in one big party!! Planning started early 2006. We had event planners bid for the event and awarded the contract to Level One Asia in April. Homecoming meetings were held every week while class reps meetings were once a month. Final preparations began on Dec.7, midnight, as all of the equipment were brought to the High School Covered Courts. Set-up began the following day, Dec. 8, which was a school holiday, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Class reps had a Mass at the High School chapel. We did some inspections and rehearsals in the afternoon. I had to check the venue dress-up and the stage which I designed.
December 9 came and we started our activities at 3:00pm with the registration. We were given our homecoming gear consisting of ID with grad pic, 2 shirts and ticket which I all designed, and the souvenir program by Gerard Sison.



At 3:30pm we had the Parade in Review at the Bellarmine Field. At 4:00pm we laid a wreath at the Ateneo Heroes Memorial and then proceeded to the Gesu for the Mass at 4:45pm. After the Mass, we had a procession to the High School. For the day events, we wore our white shirts but for the evening functions, we donned our blue sirts. Buffet dinner was awaiting us and then the program started at about 8:00pm with production numbers, speeches, cheers, check-giving and AVPS (I was even in one of them reminiscing about graduation day) and ended with the passing of the torch to batch 82, followed by the show featuring jubilarian presentations (AVPs and live performances), and capped-off by the party featuring MOBB (Men of Blue Blood), Mojofly and DJ Boyet Almazan playing 70s and 80s music. I said to myself that I would not drink but, I just couldn't resist. All I can say is .... ANG SAYA!!! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.



2 Comments:
Wow! Yes, the pictures speak for themselves! In a way, I feel more like an Atenean than an Assumptionista. Sama no. That night we were at a school event in St. Scholastica's Westgrove & really could not catch up. I can see what we missed. Sina Mike Cumagun and Bookie were there in complete attendance, I can see. Must have had a blast. Congratulations 3X! You did it. Rhea
Today we had our christmas reunion -- Mike C, Mon A, Bookie, Ed B and Bebop plus the wives. Mike C wore the homecoming shirt & I remembered the event again. Kaoru says they were at the homecoming until about 2am! Rhea
Post a Comment
<< Home