Sunday, October 29, 2006

Franco in 3D





On my trip to Beijing last August, I stumbled upon an artist in one of our food stops during our city tour. The artist had a table inside a restaurant with various clay figures on display. He had George Bush, Saddam Hussein, etc. I was reminded of Mort Drucker from Mad but instead of just caricature drawings, these were 3D figures. The figures were made of clay. I asked our guide to inquire whether he could make me into a 3D caricature. The artist replied in the affirmative and it would cost me 100Yuan (about Php700). I couldn't pass up this opportunity so I sat down in front of him and he began to work. I was fascinated at the way he molded my face with his hands using different colors of clay. I had to sketch a bit on a piece of paper to show him that I wanted to hold a brush in my hand. After about 30 minutes, the figure was done. It stands on a piece of stick mounted on a pedestal with a glass dome. I had to hand carry this on the way home and it now is proudly displayed on my work desk. I hope I get to go back someday with Rinnah and Aina so they can have their clay figures too.

1 Comments:

Blogger TOW Blog said...

kofranks, ganda! it is happy and embodies your sunny and creative side. i was wondering where you got your cool figure. akala ko, gawa mo! ganda, you can do animation of yourself now.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home