Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Spin to Health and Fitness

Almost a year ago, Rinnah and I enrolled in Fitness First. Both of us even got a personal trainer to supervise and prepare our fitness regimen (it cost us a lot!). One of the activities being offered in the gym is spinning classes. It is so difficult to get into that class because it is always full (with the same people, parang may mafia). They say that spinning is one of the best ways to lose weight because of it very good aerobic benefits.

Around November last year, I bought a spin bike. I ordered DVDs to guide me in my workouts (thanks to Mikko, Mayoy and Minotte who sent me the DVDs from the U.S.). I admit I wasn't able to fully utilize my bike until very recently. A recent blood chemistry test showed that I have high cholosterol and triglycerides. I have been given medication to lower these. I also decided to finally get my spinning into high gear. Before this, Rinnah would use the bike more often.



I had boxing training every Thursday and Sunday with Kuya, Randy and Paoi from a pro boxer but I haven't been attending that. Hope I can do that again soon (once my budget allows). I may also give up my Fitness First membership to free up some of my monthly budget. Kaya, I am back to spinning and training at home.

I have been spinning everyday for the past two weeks and I have noticed that I have less stress. I get a good sleep now and some of the aches and pains I have been feeling are now gone, especially my lower back pain. I look forward to spinning everyday even if at times I feel like just lying on the couch. Once I get my feet strapped into the pedals, there is no stopping me until the end of the session. I vary the DVDs I use to avoid getting bored.


I hope that I succeed in losing the 20 lbs. my doctor set as my goal over a three month period. It's challenge I have taken and am determined to accomplish. Of course, a new diet is also part of the program so ... I am back to no beef and pork.

No pain, no gain talaga!! But I feel it is worth the effort. Wish me luck!! May the force and will power be with me!!

1 Comments:

Blogger TOW Blog said...

kofranks, go for it! it has been proven that exercise helps elevate your mood, too. pag pangit ang mood mo, ump on that bike and the benefits will be way worth it!

huwag susuko. . .

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home