Monday, September 04, 2006

When Home Isn't A Place for Rest

Eversince I was born, I have been living in a compound together with my cousins. Our family had always occupied the lower floor of a two-story structure which served as the original house of my grandparents. Many different families had lived above us but none as inconsiderate as my present upstairs neighbor.

Upon learning that they would occupy the upper area, I was already apprehensive because I knew that their children were hard to discipline.

My suspicions were right. There was jumping and running all the time. My ceiling was stained with ball marks because I would hurl a basketball onto it just to get them to keep quiet. I then decided to install a school bell near their area so that I could just ring it when things got unbearable. To my surprise, I was even met with resentment whenever I would ring the bell for a long period of time because they would not cease to create a ruckus when the ringing was just for a short time.

Instead of getting a much deserved rest after a long day at work, you are stressed out by the callousness and undisciplined behavior of the upstairs tenants. Sometimes, I feel that I just want to blackout and throw all caution to the wind just to, once and for all, get my message through. If only I had the funds, I would move out posthaste!

I have had many fights with my upstairs neighbor but things have not changed. What's worse is - their children are now taking drum and guitar lessons. Now, I hear drumbeats and electric guitar strings. Maybe next time they would have motorcycles upstairs or even a full-blown rock concert. With such an inconsiderate attitude, I would not be surprised!

2 Comments:

Blogger TOW Blog said...

kofranks, i don't know how you will be able to last as you seem so aggravated. please weigh in the pros and cons and hope you come to a settlement or a move as it seems anything is better than being stuck there.

good luck!

11:36 PM  
Blogger kofranks said...

I know. It is so frustrating to feel so helpless. I have done all I can to get my message through but the people upstairs just seem so callous. I guess I have to work hard to either get a place of my own or move out of the country. I hope things get better.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home