The Roof Above My Head
The rainy season has begun in Manila and I have discovered that there are a lot of leaks in my roof. I am trying to get hold of a carpenter who can either patch up or replace some of my roof. A leak in the roof can be very annoying. Everytime it rains, I feel so uneasy. I worry that some other part of the house would start to leak and the damage would be extensive. Maybe it all boils down to finances. I know that replacing/repairing my roof would be a bit costly. Baka makuha sa Vulcaseal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that only a few sheets would have to be replaced.
The roof over my head is already more than 20 years old and is really due for replacement. What keeps me from undergoing a major repair is the fact that I don't see myself occupying my present residence for keeps. It is during these times that I feel bad that I was left in the old house. I have had to battle with termites, leaking roofs, old electrical wiring and worst of all inconsiderate neighbors. The roof area where I stay covers quite a large area since the swimming pool is included.
It was only the roof on my head that gave me some peace and quiet away from the area where my upstairs neighbor would create so much ruckus and even be so insensitive and arrogant about it. I would hie off to the rooms that were free from the noise. Now, my roof is leaking and has deteriorated. If I have to spend for repairs than I guess I have no choice. My roof is my sanctuary, my refuge, my link to sanity.
The roof over my head is already more than 20 years old and is really due for replacement. What keeps me from undergoing a major repair is the fact that I don't see myself occupying my present residence for keeps. It is during these times that I feel bad that I was left in the old house. I have had to battle with termites, leaking roofs, old electrical wiring and worst of all inconsiderate neighbors. The roof area where I stay covers quite a large area since the swimming pool is included.
It was only the roof on my head that gave me some peace and quiet away from the area where my upstairs neighbor would create so much ruckus and even be so insensitive and arrogant about it. I would hie off to the rooms that were free from the noise. Now, my roof is leaking and has deteriorated. If I have to spend for repairs than I guess I have no choice. My roof is my sanctuary, my refuge, my link to sanity.


1 Comments:
that roof due for repair represents a bigger and deeper problem. good luck, kofranks. i hope you find your real solutions.
minotte
Post a Comment
<< Home