Friday, September 01, 2006

Getting Ready, Getting Old!

Yesterday morning, as I was killing time before a 10:30am meeting at The Fort, I stopped by the Starbucks in Forbes to have some coffee and to read a book. Halfway through my newly-purchased advertising book, a friend of mine, Toby Tanjuatco, walked in. He was also killing time for a 10am meeting after taking his daughter to school.

Toby has been a good friend of mine for so many years. He was my basketball teammate in high school for two years and we would often hang out together during our college days. We were officemates a few years ago in Gourmet's until we decided to pursue other opportunities. He is now in the insurance business while I continue my advertising work.

After exchanging how are you's and some recent events concerning common friends, the conversation shifted to insurance. I asked him to submit a proposal for me that would cover my health and life insurance. I realized that I was no longer young and carefree and had to prepare for the future of my family. I want my family not to worry in case I got sick. I want my family to be secure just in case something happens. I have an insurance policy that I have been paying for almost 20 years but I think the amount my family will get would not be enough. Soaring medical prices would be a headache and a heavy burden for my wife and daughter to bear.

Now that I am feeling some aches and pains I have never felt during my younger days, I feel it is time to lay the groundwork for a future that will be somewhat worry-free. I guess mid-life has truly set in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home