Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dugong Bayani

We just got back from Bulacan. We spent the day there to visit Lolo Soc and Tita Bing's gravesite in commemoration of All Saints Day. I was once again reminded that heroes' blood runs through our veins. Heroes such as Marcelo H. del Pilar, Gen. Gregorio del Pilar, Col. Vicente Enriquez and his brother Anacleto, Ramon Enriquez, brother of Lola Med, Capt. Melecio Rodrigo, Lolo Soc's father, are all our bloodkin. The Enriquez ancestral home in Bulacan, Bulacan is now being converted into a museum. It is now part of the historical sites in the Province of Bulacan. I have been tasked to create a corner for Lolo Soc so that students who tour the house will always be reminded of his works and deeds.

On our way home, we passed by Lolo Soc's house and a few meters away was the marker that read "Welcome to San Jose, Bulacan, Bulacan Birthplace of Gen. Gregorio del Pilar and Sen. Francisco Soc Rodrigo".

Stories of the heroism of our relatives, as told by our elder kin never ceases to fascinate me. I was so proud of our heroes. I hope I can impart to Aina the pride and knowledge I have so that she too may cherish the name and the family where she belongs.

Mabuhay ang ating lahi!!



1 Comments:

Blogger tilamsik said...

mabuhay!!!!

kakalungkot lang, times like this make us feel ang layo na namin. . .

minotte

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home