43
Tomorrow, November 14, 2006, I'll be celebrating my 43rd birthday. Time surely flies. I can still remember vividly my teenage life as if it was just yesterday and always imagine that I can still do the activities I used to enjoy and excel in when I was young. They say that "it is all in the mind". If you think young, you will stay young. I say "yup, it's just in the mind because the body will refuse to do what the mind asks it to do". Best example is basketball. A sport I used to play in school at the highest level of competition. I joined our school's alumni league last year and just got frustrated. I knew what I wanted to do in the court but, my legs would not cooperate, I was too heavy and I was too tired . . . and that's only after 5 minutes of playing!
When I see my daughter, who just turned sixteen last week, I am brought back to the reality that I am getting old. As I type this entry, I am struggling to keep my eyes focused on the reading lens of my "doble vista" pair of eyeglasses. I just popped my maintenance tablets for cholesterol control. I am struggling to keep fit by hopping onto my spin bike. Everytime I face the mirror, it seems I see more white hair.
My high school class is celebrating 25 years next month. In between discussions and meetings regarding our homecoming activities, we talk about what illnesses and/or pains we have and what medication we take. We exchange stories about our teenage children and how we used to do the same things as they do today.
Life has truly been filled with ups and downs but I enjoyed and continue to enjoy my journey. Midlife has truly given me a new perspective on life and a new purpose for my existence. What lies ahead is something I look forward to.
How do I know that I am getting old? It's by the names I am called. "Franco" became "Kuya Franco"and then "Tito Franco" and eventually "Lolo Franco" but I hope not soon.
Happy 43rd to me!
When I see my daughter, who just turned sixteen last week, I am brought back to the reality that I am getting old. As I type this entry, I am struggling to keep my eyes focused on the reading lens of my "doble vista" pair of eyeglasses. I just popped my maintenance tablets for cholesterol control. I am struggling to keep fit by hopping onto my spin bike. Everytime I face the mirror, it seems I see more white hair.
My high school class is celebrating 25 years next month. In between discussions and meetings regarding our homecoming activities, we talk about what illnesses and/or pains we have and what medication we take. We exchange stories about our teenage children and how we used to do the same things as they do today.
Life has truly been filled with ups and downs but I enjoyed and continue to enjoy my journey. Midlife has truly given me a new perspective on life and a new purpose for my existence. What lies ahead is something I look forward to.
How do I know that I am getting old? It's by the names I am called. "Franco" became "Kuya Franco"and then "Tito Franco" and eventually "Lolo Franco" but I hope not soon.
Happy 43rd to me!


1 Comments:
hey, sinong matanda? e magkasing-edad na tayo ulit--for one month a year!!
si kuya rosky ang idol ko. kasi whatever happens, he will be older. and if he is in that great a shape, kaya natin yan.
happy bday, kofranks!! go for it (whatever it is) kasi nangangalahati na tayo.
luv ya!
minotte
Post a Comment
<< Home