Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Feverish New Year

It feels so bad when you are sick during the holidays. I was sick already once during the Christmas season and I felt so depressed.

I haven't been feeling 100% since November. I felt so tired but since I had so many things to do, foremost of which was the homecoming preparations, I felt my body wanted to rest but my mind would not allow it. I've been having headaches in the ear, eyes and sinus area for a few weeks already but it seemed that "ayaw tumuloy ang sakit".

The change in weather must have contributed to this also.

The Christmas parties and reunions were not so enjoyable for me this year. I would often catch myself just quiet and staring out into the distance. I could notice the frenzy all around me but I was just in a world of my own. Most of the time, I didn't feel like going at all and if I was in the party, I would often glance at my watch because I wanted to go home right away. What made it worse was that all of the parties I had to go to were far from the house (Alabang, Merville, etc.).

On our way to Rinnah's parents in Alabang, I had to stop and ask Rinnah to drive instead because my eyes were getting all blurry. All throughout that evening, I was so sleepy and my eyelids were very heavy.

Yesterday, I was supposed to go with my Dad to Caliraya to have my jetski repaired. The night before, I was feeling some pain in my throat and had chills all over my body. I decided not to go. Good decision. At about 10pm, I already had a fever. When I woke up this morning, I wasn't feeling well. I didn't go to Lola for lunch and decided to just sleep the whole day.

Tonight is New Year's Eve and we have a gathering at my mom's house. I plan to just eat a little and go back home to rest and sleep through the festivities and ruckus of the new year.

I hope this doesn't mean that I will be sick the whole year.

Here's to prosperity, family and GOOD HEALTH in 2007! Happy New Year!!

1 Comments:

Blogger TOW Blog said...

kofranks, take it easy! i used to wish matuloy na yung lagnat ko para maihiga ko na, pero a fever is not a great thing.

just like a car, lumalabas na yung kalampag natin at midlife. hope you continue with spinning/exercise bec that helped me a lot. do something you like, kahit once a week. shoot a short film --wala lang.

actually, it's not wala lang. sabi nila creativity is taking care of your spirit so please don't forget your inner self. it may be the message that this aging body is telling us to look at. . .

please take it easy

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home