Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Now Showing: Cinema Sevilla

It was a tiresome day yesterday. My heart was leaping as I was going to Makati to purchase my home theatre equipment. I first went to The Hive, an audio-visual store located at People Support Center along Ayala Avenue. Here, I purchased my projector, a BenQ W100. It was not on stock but it was available in their Cubao branch so they had it delivered to my house that same afternoon.

My next stop was Spectra in Park Square I Ayala Center. I purchased the 90" 16:9 pull-down glass-beaded screen there. I also got the ceiling mount for my projector and some video cables.

I was supposed to pick up Aina from school at 3pm but Rinnah called to tell me that Aina would be out at 5pm instead and she would just pick her up. Great!! I could go home earlier and set-up my home theatre. A carpenter was working in the house and I would ask him to assist me. I'm glad I did. The mounting of the projector on the ceiling was not easy.

After the set-up was complete, I fired up the projector and once the image appeared on screen, I felt a chill run down my spine. Ang sarap!! Ang ganda!! All the hard work done to come up with the funds was truly worth it. Tama si Mikko. You should once in while indulge and enjoy your hard-earned money.

I wanted to try all my DVDs to see how they would appear on the large screen. I decided to just watch Fantastic Four. Now, I no longer have to say that it would be better to watch in a movie house to enjoy the big sceen because I already have my own in Cinema Sevilla.

HT1
HT2
HT3
HT4

4 Comments:

Blogger TOW Blog said...

hey kofranks!

sobang ganda naman ng home theater mo. and please please enjoy every minute of it. after all that hard work, you truly deserve it, and whatever else makes you happy.

masusulit na yung mga DVD mo. mapapanood mo na lahat.

happy viewing!!

check out children of god and pan's labyrinth if you feel like independent movies.

minotte

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I noticed that you have dvd's on both sides of your wall-Ilan na ba? I would have loved to watch a movie in Cinema Sevilla! Sulit!
Ingat

Mikko

11:52 PM  
Blogger kofranks said...

As of latest count, I have 1,271 DVDs. I'm running out of space. I might change the cases to the thin ones to free up some space. Can't wait to watch "300" on big screen in the comfort of my home.

Pag-umuwi ka, I will set a special screening for you (kahit yung mga fave ninyo ni Randy na movies).

12:30 AM  
Blogger kofranks said...

just got a pair of 2nd hand Bose 100 speakers for the rear. I replaced Aiwa mini compo speakers. Kulang ko na lang is a nice receiver and subwoofer to go with my Altec center and front and Bose rear speakers and to replace my made in China Ganz Klar set-up. Work and save again!!

By the way, my Dad saw my system and asked me to order the same equipment except the screen. He asked me to get a bigger one. If mine is 90" diagonal, I got a 120" for their house. Delivery is Monday so I will set it up for them.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home