Friday, May 04, 2007

Contagious Character

Not only diseases are contagious but also character. It seems that the people or environment you choose can mold or even change your character and transform you to a completely different person.

Such is the case of a family member. What was once a quiet, sweet personality is now one full of anger. There seems to be a sudden loss of values and principles. "Delicadeza" has been thrown out of the window and deception has crept in. In Tagalog, the terms "manggugulang", "makapal ang mukha", "walang delikadeza", "molestyador" has come to the fore (the proper word to describe this person according to Kuya is "mapagsamantala"). There is a sneaky modus of sucking-up to parents with the matching "paawa" effect but underneath all is a scheming and sinister agenda. How I wish all of these were not true but I can see the plan clear as day.

Instead of proving themselves as independent and self-sufficient, since that was the image they wanted to prove in the first place, the opposite has happened. Instead of proving that the spouse can support a family, events prove otherwise. "Batugan" and "Senorito" is the impression created. What an a__hole!!

Well, I guess that's what marriage can do. You get to absorb not only the good but the bad as well from your partner.

What d ya have to say to that huh?

2 Comments:

Blogger tilamsik said...

:(((

paki-email nga--sino yung batugan?

what's happening?

anong reaction ni sis?

do you want to come for a vacation here?? (please consider this)

minotte

9:07 AM  
Blogger kofranks said...

I'll email the kwento to you. Really need a US vacation. Baka next year since I have to use my visa na rin.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home