Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Cinema Sevilla Update

A few weeks after the unveiling of Cinema Sevilla, some tweaking had to be made. I bought some second-hand items to upgrade some stuff. For my rear speakers, I bought a pair of Bose 100 speakers for P3500 from a fellow PinoyDVD member in Mandaluyong. I also got a good as new Yamaha subwoofer for P3000 from another member and had to pick it up from his condo in Malate last Sunday. All these acquisitions were in preparation for my purchasing a home theater audio-video receiver to replace my P2500 Ganz Klar home theater in a box set-up. I spent almost 3 weeks inquiring, getting comments, suggestions, reviews from different people. I finally decided to go on with the purchase because my Ganz Klar conked out on me. The front speakers were no longer functioning. My options were to get a brand new Yamaha unit or to settle for pre-owned mid-level Marantz, Yamaha or Onkyo units. Since it was a substantial amount, about P15K, I decided to get a brand new high end entry-level unit instead because of the warranty. I am enjoying my home theater much more now with crystal clear sound. By the way, my dad also had a big screen installed a few days ago in the third level of their house. If my screen is 90" diagonal, sa kanila is 120"!! Ang laki!! I'm now awaiting the release of "300" in Quiapo DVD to enjoy big screen viewing. Aina and I will see Charlotte's Web tonight.







3 Comments:

Blogger TOW Blog said...

i plan to send you a couple of ORIG DVD's. so which ones do you want? matrix, gladiator, or casino royale?

happy viewing!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Das said...

HI Kofranks !

My my you are really into serious Home Theatre! Nico wishes to do the same but I told him that a special space is needed for unimpeded and uninterrupted viewing. Your den is the perfect place for it. Enjoy ! By the way, watch out for Blu Ray. I mean the Quiapo discs are good but wait till you see the Blu Rays !

5:54 AM  
Blogger kofranks said...

Wow Minotte Salamat!! Bahala ka na!! I already have all three in Quiapo version. I've been looking for "Quiz Show" or "Frankenstein" (Robert de Niro version) pero wala dito.

Riks,

Actually, entry level lang ako. You should see the set-ups of the serious afficionados at www.pinoydvd.com

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home