Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's Been A While

It's been a while since my last blog entry. Two months and 5 days to be exact. A lot has happened over that period of time: 1) Aina began her college classes in De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde; 2) I began walking with my Dad every morning; 3) I bought a motorized treadmill and have began 45 minute-5K brisk walks; 4) I hired a driver to bring Rinnah and Aina to and from their respective destinations; 5) Bagoong Club has gone full blast although there are still a lot of kinks to be addressed; 6) work has been a bit hectic on all fronts; 7) finances are a bit OK except for the fact that prices are soaring at an unbelievable rate.

There is still one item I hope to get – a recliner for my home theater DVD viewing. I was supposed to get a three-seat recliner but Rinnah convinced me to get the treadmill instead. Better daw to exercise rather than lounge around and be a couch potato. She had a point, thus, the treadmill. I need to lose some 15-20lbs. Ironically, I even gained some weight when I went with my Dad on his daily walks because he would cap off the walk with a breakfast of sinangag, fried egg (although I only eat the white portion), and either dried fish or chicken sausages or ginisang salmon/tuna or sometimes Spam Lite. There was a time when I needed to just lose 10lbs. after fasting for a week to perform a liver and gall bladder cleanse because of my gall stones. It wasn't 100% successful but I got some relief. The gall stones are still there but the attacks are now less in frequency. After a long while, my blood chemistry results came out all normal last month! Hooray!

If I get to lose the weight, I will reward myself with the recliner but continue with my workouts because it feels good to feel fit!

Chow for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home