Singlehood
For almost 8 and a half months, I have been living at home as a single parent with my 19 year-old daughter. My (ex) wife moved out last October 2009 to live in a condo unit in Makati. It is our second time to separate.
This separation was not as hurtful as the first one because it came after a mutual and amicable agreement between both parties that living together was no longer a healthy and viable option.
Upon my (ex) wife's departure, I set out to create a new atmosphere for my home. I re-arranged some furniture and gave my home the warm and cozy feeling that eluded it during my marriage's turbulent years.
As far as I know, my daughter and I have adjusted well to our new situation. We have set our weekly routines to make life much easier. Grocery every Saturday for me while my daughter is at her mother's place for the weekend. I have our driver bring her to Makati every Saturday afternoon and her mother brings her home on Sunday evening. My daughter's sked allows for this because she has no school during Mondays and Fridays.
I guess being single also has its ups and downs. From the relief of being set free from the frustrations and disappointments of married life and the joy of having my own space and time once more, I now feel a sense of loneliness and a bit of emptiness. My life seems incomplete without anyone to share it with. How I long to come home to someone who will listen to my stories, a partner who will ease my heartaches, a friend who will share my laughter.
As a person, I do not see myself actively searching for this person, instead, I always held the belief that if God feels I deserve it, He will send someone to me.
Sometimes, during my daydreams, I think of my (ex) wife and imagine what might have been or what could have been, but, alas, I know it will never be.
My Lolo Soc's immortal words "the Lord writes in crooked lines" and "hindi natutulog ang Diyos" rings true to me now more than ever. I miss my Lolo. I long for his wise advise and his comforting words.
I am to pass thru this life but once and I have to make the most out of it. I am looking forward to my new life. I am excited to take on this new journey.
This separation was not as hurtful as the first one because it came after a mutual and amicable agreement between both parties that living together was no longer a healthy and viable option.
Upon my (ex) wife's departure, I set out to create a new atmosphere for my home. I re-arranged some furniture and gave my home the warm and cozy feeling that eluded it during my marriage's turbulent years.
As far as I know, my daughter and I have adjusted well to our new situation. We have set our weekly routines to make life much easier. Grocery every Saturday for me while my daughter is at her mother's place for the weekend. I have our driver bring her to Makati every Saturday afternoon and her mother brings her home on Sunday evening. My daughter's sked allows for this because she has no school during Mondays and Fridays.
I guess being single also has its ups and downs. From the relief of being set free from the frustrations and disappointments of married life and the joy of having my own space and time once more, I now feel a sense of loneliness and a bit of emptiness. My life seems incomplete without anyone to share it with. How I long to come home to someone who will listen to my stories, a partner who will ease my heartaches, a friend who will share my laughter.
As a person, I do not see myself actively searching for this person, instead, I always held the belief that if God feels I deserve it, He will send someone to me.
Sometimes, during my daydreams, I think of my (ex) wife and imagine what might have been or what could have been, but, alas, I know it will never be.
My Lolo Soc's immortal words "the Lord writes in crooked lines" and "hindi natutulog ang Diyos" rings true to me now more than ever. I miss my Lolo. I long for his wise advise and his comforting words.
I am to pass thru this life but once and I have to make the most out of it. I am looking forward to my new life. I am excited to take on this new journey.


1 Comments:
i'm with you franks.
wishing and hoping for the best for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home